As we navigate these unprecedented and challenging times within in our region, state and nation, MassHire Cape & Islands Workforce Board would like to ensure the health and safety of our staff, Board Members, Committee Members, Community Partners and Student Interns, while adhering to the social distancing protocols. As a result we support the decisions being made at the state level to support such efforts. Effective March 10, 2020: all conferences, seminars, and meetings will either be held remotely or postponed for the next 30 days.
Governor Charlie Baker declared a state of emergency for the Commonwealth in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), allowing the Administration to take steps to prevent the spread of the disease. Over the last week there has been a number of updates made to protect the citizens of the Commonwealth all of which ca/n be found here: www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus
MassHire Cape & Islands Career Center, although closed to foot traffic, to ensure the health and safety of their staff. Have put in place emergency programming to ensure the continuation of services. The staff at the career center is available to answer questions for both job seekers and employers during this crisis. Please do not hesitate to contact the MassHire Cape & Islands Career Center at 508-771-5627.
We are asking everyone to mindful of the steps to take to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth – when you cough or sneeze use a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hands.
- Wash your hands – with soap and warm water or use and alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
For additional information from the Center for Disease Control, please contact: www.cdc.gov
All employees who have been impacted by a lay-off are encouraged to apply for Unemployment Insurance online: www.mass.gov/dua.
Please note in order to apply for unemployment benefits you will need the following information:
- Your Social Security Number
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, you will need your alien registration number
- Your residential address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Birth date
- Your employment history for the last 15 months (name of employer, address of employer, phone number of employer, reason for separation, employment start and end date, recall date)
- Social Security Numbers and birth dates for your dependents
- Your union (if a member)
- Email address
- Direct Deposit information if you want to utilize this option
We appreciate your continued awareness and vigilance as we work together through the many challenges of COVID-19. MassHire CIWB will continue to provide updates regarding this matter, however, if you should have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our office directly at 508-775-5900.