The Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) has A Guide to Unemployment Insurance which provides information on:
- Claimant’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Understanding Unemployment Insurance
- How Your Benefits are Determined
- Direct Deposit
- Help Finding a Job
There are two ways to file and to manage an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim: use the UI Online self-service system or call the UI Teleclaims Center.
- Use the UI Online self-service system at http://www.mass.gov/dua. Online help includes an information pamphlet, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and user guides. The UI Teleclaims Center also provides support at 877-626-6800.
- Call the UI Teleclaims Center at 877-626-6800
Weekly UI Benefits can be claimed by:
- Using the UI Online self-service system at http://www.mass.gov/dua
- Calling TeleCert at 1-617-626-6338.
The Cape and Islands Career Center provides the following services to assist Unemployment Insurance claimants:
- An information package about Unemployment Insurance and how to file a claim. For a copy, visit the Cape and Islands Career Center.
- Two workshops for people who wish to use the online self-service system:
- UI Online Navigation – Filing Your Claim: Learn how to navigate the UI Online self-service system in order to file your claim.
- UI Online Navigation – Managing Your Claim: Learn how to navigate the UI Online self-service system to re-open your claim, request your weekly benefit, add dependents, review/edit personal information and verify account and payment information.
To register for the workshops, call 508-771-5627 or visit the Cape and Islands Career Center.
- The Cape and Islands Career Center Resource Room has two computers connected directly to UI and telephones to call UI for use by claimants.
- For help filing or managing your claim online, a staff member (the UI Navigator) is available by appointment. To make an appointment, visit the Cape and Islands Career Center at 372 North St Hyannis, or call 508-771-5627.